Grievance Procedures

Grievance Procedures

If I disagree with the decisions made within the process what is the district’s grievance procedure? 

It is the policy of Robbinsville Public Schools to provide a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) to all students within its jurisdiction who are impaired consistent with the definitions set forth in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990.  No student solely by reason of his or her impaired as defined by these Acts, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity operated by the school district.

A parent or guardian may file a grievance with the district. A parent or guardian who believes that they, or their child, have not received proper services or accommodations which are therefore a violation of Section 504, should file the complaint with the district’s Section 504 Coordinator in writing at the following address:

Tawrye Mason
150 Pond Road
Robbinsville, NJ 08691
609-632-0940 (4013)

 Michael Passafaro
150 Pond Road
Robbinsville, NJ 08691
609-632-0940 (4012)


Grievance Procedure for Pupils

This grievance procedure shall apply to qualified persons who are pupils with alleged discriminatory act(s) under the provisions of §504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act.

  1. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of a qualified pupil who believe the pupil has a valid basis for a grievance under §504, or the American Disabilities Act shall file an informal complaint in writing, stating the specific facts of his/her grievance and the alleged discriminatory act, with the District Coordinator.


  2. The District Coordinator shall make all reasonable efforts to resolve the matter informally by reviewing the grievance with appropriate staff which may include, but not be limited to, the Principal, Child Study Team staff, Guidance and/or the classroom teacher(s).


  3. The District Coordinator will investigate and document the complaint. 


  4. The District Coordinator will contact the parent/legal guardian.


  5. The complainant may file a written appeal to the Board if not satisfied with the hearing officer’s decision.The Board, through the Superintendent, will provide a written disposition of the alleged grievance.


  6. The complainant may request Mediation and Due Process in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6A:14-2.6 and2.7 if unsatisfied with the written decision of the Board, or if specifically requested by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s), or adult pupil the aforementioned N.J.A.C. 6A:14-2.6 and 2.7 grievance procedure must be followed.

Please click here for a printed version of this page.